Break through uncertainty and move forward with confidence
“What do you do?” It’s a question we all ask, and a question we all have a hard time answering! There’s so much I could tell you about the ways I help entrepreneurs and family businesses succeed. But it really comes down to this – I help you break through uncertainty and plan what’s next, so you can move forward with confidence.
What do I know about uncertainty? Plenty! First generation high school graduate. Full time employee and full time student. Graduate school. A successful corporate career. Been there. Done all of that. You could say I’ve been building success strategies my entire life. After a decade of leading global, Fortune 500 teams in marketing, business process design and organizational effectiveness, I was laid off. Talk about uncertainty! But I did know one thing. I wasn’t going to waste the opportunity I had been given. It was an opportunity to leverage my experience to work on a more personal level, helping individuals and family businesses reach their own full potential. So, I devised a new strategy.
I spent the following year consulting, coaching and taking cues from my clients on what they needed most. Entrepreneurs needed a clear vision of what was next, and a clear and manageable plan to get there. I dedicated my time to developing a 4-step system for personal brand development, based on the exact steps I used to build my own six-figure business. Then, seeing the frustration family business leaders faced trying to implement complex strategic plans, I developed a simple, effective, 7-step strategic planning system. They were off and running, accomplishing goals that had alluded them for years! And, you can do it too.
Here are 7 things I want you to know:
- Strategy doesn’t have to be complicated. I’ve always had a knack for boiling things down to what really matters. In my corporate days, I simplified global market planning; taking strategic plan documents from 100 pages down to just 10 pages of common sense strategy. You can bet that shook things up!
- Regardless of your starting point, anything is possible. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time, as they say. And, it’s true! Whatever your goal, the way to succeed is to break it down into manageable steps.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way. As a first generation high school graduate, turned MBA, university professor and business owner, I know great things are possible for those willing to put in the work!
- People come first. There were a lot of things I loved about my corporate job, but it never felt personal enough for me. I’ve built my consulting and coaching business around a core principle of personal connection with my clients.
- Vision and Values are important. Take the time to get these right, and you’ve won half of the battle. A clear and concise vision will guide you and your team toward success. Values keep you on track, serving as the ground rules for how you will, and won’t, do business.
- Problem solving is fun! Call me crazy, but I love figuring out why things are, or aren’t, happening in business. The next time you feel stuck, apply the why factor. Often, what we define as the problem is really just a symptom of something bigger.
- If you’re wondering what to do next, I can help! I specialize in moving entrepreneurs and family businesses through uncertainty with strategic planning, problem solving, coaching and leadership development. Schedule a free 15-minute discovery call and let me answer one of the burning questions that have been holding you back.
Kris Marsh is a former Fortune 500 marketing leader and author of the Personal Brand Playbook strategy, coaching and planning system. Following her true purpose, Kris left the corporate world in 2013 to work toward her vision of enabling others to reach their full potential. She now leverages her experience to help entrepreneurs and family business owners break through uncertainty and build strategies for success.
Kris holds a BBA from Northwood University and MBA from Northwood University’s Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management. As a first generation high school graduate, she is passionate about the power of education, and helping others realize anything is possible. You can reach Kris online at KrisMarshConsulting.com.